garynbcDiary · 日记

A kind of lifestyle call Dali

Update these 2 days in Dali. We experienced an earthquake just 60km away from us. 4.5 magnitude but good news is I don’t feel any vibration in our room. World is getting weirder everyday.



In Dali, we get to really meet different type of people. I become very E suddenly and start talking to random stranger suddenly. We get a meet an 50~ man name ah Wei and he talk to us and ask our Brompton. Thru him we get to meet other very strange hipper on the road. Last night we went to a cafe and bar to get some drink and we sit around and start pulling people and talk. One even can play piano very well and we start to sing KTV in the bar live. Many people stopped and listen.

Today morning we went to 无为寺 to eat veg meal prepared by monk. During the meal, which is free we are not allow to talk and take photos. We also have to finish all the food in the plate and wash them ourselves. Eat like this opens up our five senses and we get to appreciate the food bought to us by the farmer. I didn’t pray to the god even I was in the temple. I did hesitate to even acknowledge the god in the temple but ends up I did inform them to excuse me for being in the temple. Let them know that I was here. I suddenly realise that the best thing is not to pray for anything. It’s not about having is about not having pain, sickness, misery etc. The most ideal stage is not having anything and not to ask for more. The more we have the more we away from the path. Whatever god give us is the best and there is nothing more we should be asking for. 

It’s very hard to explain my feeling in English. But kinda just pen down my thoughts for future reference.

Comments