Skip to main content

Toast Master Project 2: Organising your speech

I thought I am able to pull off the prepared speech unprepared. I was assuming I could flow out my presentation impromptu for project 2. Seem I had overestimated. In reality, my content flew left right center, all over the shop. Got myself a recorder standing of 36 false filler for the evening. I was so engrossed in my thoughts I didn't realise my time had exceed 7 minutes, and I was still carried on and on. Until the 3 repeated bells then I realised that I exceed the allowable timing by 1:42s.

Nevertheless, I am grate I went through, although I had to redo project 2. Thanks Sam, my mentor for the motivation. He's my role model sia, within 1 year already managed to attain ACB. Thanks Peter Lee was the motivational speech on "just do it", thanks Jimmy on the "pursue of happiness" that taught me the moment of life is to have fun at that moment, "Why So Serious".

If anyone interested to see my unfinished speech, that I brought up to stage on my Samsung I9000 screen:



You know you are a children of 80s when:

Today i will be speaking on generation difference very broadly. They are classed into 3 category. Gen x, y and z. And I will be touching more on the gen Y because I am a generation Y myself. I am going to share my experience as a children of 80s, what are some of the things that not longer seen in the recent years. Lastly, I will say how the 80s children are different and how to integrate us into your company.

Who in their secondary school life listens to walkman cassette tape? You are the Gen X

Who in their secondary school life listens to discman / MD? You are the Gen Y

So make a guess where Gen Z listen their music. NOOOO they listen their music through "Cloud"

Today we are not talking about Gen X or Gen Z. I want to talk about Gen Y. Children of the 80s

You know that you are a Gen Y when: 

You find pager to be cool. You know the pager code 1771554 stands for miss you. 5121314 stands for I love you for the rest of my life. 

You will keep all those cool bus ticket with nice number combination, folded in heart shape and put in in your wallet but all others at the back of the seat cushion. Last time when I take bus, I always had the chance to scrutinise all those mini "advertisement" on the back of the seat. Etc calling who who who for certain services so on and so fore. Nowadays advertise on back of the seat is banned. 

If you grew up reading books from bookworm club and watch cartoon like Tom and Jerry, the two immoral cat and mouse chasing each other all day. The funny thing about Tom and Jerry is, you will ever know the ending of the story. I sometime even question myself, is there an ending to their misery. But if you are born after the 80s, you most likely be watching anime instead. You see, if you ask me, I profound classified these 2 by its origin. Cartoon as american production and anime as Japanese production. Right? No wrong. Cartoon and anime now differentiate you from a cool guy and a not so cool guy. Nowadays, if you ask youngster what they do for past time, they will proudly tell you, they watch anime like Naruto and bleach. You know it acceptable. I don't know why, but if teenager comes up and tells me that he spend his time watching cartoon, I think he is probably gay. 

Autograph book

If you are children of 80s, you will remember Singapore football as a glory against Malaysia. Star player like Fandi ahmad, steven tan, lim tong hai, Sundramoothy, david lee brought Singapore a glory victory in 1994. Now we can't even pronoun our soccer player names anymore. I still remember when I was a little kid, my father brought me to Pahang Stadium to watch Malaysia cup. Which Singaporean nowadays still cross over borders to catch Singapore football? What a great time to remember that time, for me at least. Ever since then, we introduced S league, our singapore team is no longer so singaporean anymore. The good old time of kallang wave and chanting of oled oled just faded away toward the end 90s. 

So if the above sound familiar to you, then congratulation you and I are the same frequency. We are the generation Y population a.k.a the Millennials. Unlike the Gen Z, we are not born natively in the world wide web era. Nevertheless, we grew through the internet era. We are the hybrid between five stones, pesi cola 1,2,3 and also counter strike and dota. We got the best of both worlds. 

We generally more ambitious, more brand conscious and tend to hop around job more often. We have limited loyalty to our company, insist on working in a simulating job environment. We talk about job satisfaction and work life balance. 

So how do company going to integrate the 80s into their company. We are tech savvy, make use of us. SOme people can easily create website, modelling and simple marketing tools like the new media. Make use of us to make us feels worthy.

Give us challenging task or problem to solve.  

Other: The power / law of 3. 

Quotes of the day: In theory, theory and practical is the same. But in practical, they are not. The best method to conquer fear is to face fear.  - Peter Lee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changi NEWater plant opened

SINGAPORE : Singapore’s largest and most advanced water reclamation plant — the Changi Water Reclamation Plant — will open next week. The pumping station at the new Changi Water Reclamation Plant is as high as a 25—storey building. The station collects all used water from the deep sewerage tunnels via gravity. The water then undergoes a treatment process at the plant before being discharged into the sea. Part of that treated water will be processed into NEWater when the NEWater plant, which is being built on the rooftop of treatment facilities, is ready. The NEWater factory which will be operational by May next year can produce 50 million gallons of treated water daily. This is equivalent to the volume of water in 90 Olympic—sized swimming pools. PUB said the Changi Water Reclamation plant stands out in its land use. "The designers have incorporated a space saving design concept — things like stack treatment tanks and also stack treatment facilities like our sludge treatment facil

M1, Starhub, Singtel GPRS 3G setting

The internet config settings seem to be all over the place, so here's a compilation of the 3G/GPRS/SMS/MMS Configuration Settings. If you have a device and telco combination that's not in the list below, and managed to setup your 3G/GPRS, please feel free to add on to the thread with your settings, using format similar as those below. SingTel GPRS: Pocket PC Phone/Smartphone APN: internet User ID: 65IDEAS Password: ideas MMS Server URL: mms.e-ideas.com.sg:10021/mmsc Link: http://www.trendsmob...102&ParentID=97 SingTel GPRS (hi Card): Pocket PC Phone/Smartphone APN: internet User ID: 65xxxxxxxx (phone number, e.g. 6591234567) Password: 65ideas SingTel GPRS: Pocket PC with Sony Ericsson Phone via IR/BT Dial Number: *99***A# (where A is the CID aka External ID) User name: 65xxxxxxxx (phone number, e.g. 6591234567) Password: Extra modem command: Proxy server: Link: http://www.ppcsg.com...showtopic=30479 SingTel 3G: Pocket PC with Sony Ericsson 3G Phone via IR/BT Remark: You can

Is finnciti a scam? a layman perspective

Recently, thru a friend introduced me a platform finnciti (previously known as smicap) where you can multiple your investment in folds. The return as per quoted is up to 100% just by holding your investment on hand. I was skeptical and interested at the same time so I went online to do a little research on my own. It is not difficult to return result by just searching: "Is finnciti a scam" or "Is smicap a scam". Reviews were in mixed bag. Some mention that they earned big bucks and its a platform for normal people to get richer while some other point out some resemblance of a scam structure and therefore classified finnciti as a scam platform. I am a layman using basic logic to analyst the concept and by no mean I am advising to invest or against it. But in my humble opinion, ALL INVESTMENT POSSESSES RISK AND PLEASE BE PRUDENT WHEN DOING ANY KINDS INVESTMENT AND ONLY INVEST IN YOUR MONEY THAT YOU CAN BEAR LOSING . SMICAP was established in 2007 by Singapor