Skip to main content

My working life and Indian cuisine

School will be starting for some people, leaving the other half remaining remorseful about the decision of choosing IAP over IHP. Or maybe its just me alone. I couldn't hesitate one second to swap position with Vincent. Seemingly so free and easy in school. Open to choices like focusing on project peacefully or either joining other classmate for some catching up activities. Reporting time to school is not an issue provided that all the work is properly done at the end of the day.

While all the uni graduate keeps complaining that there are no job for them in the current regressing market, I was bonded with a suck up job with my current employor. How suck up it is, maybe I shall narrate a full day schedule of my random day's boredom.


Wake up at 6:30 to brush teeth and stuff, and always remember to shave cos my chin grows hair everyday. Reach Queenstown MRT by 7:10 and buy my lunch for the later of the day. Catch my MRT before 7:20 to be safe to board my company transport. Everyday, MRT was crowded which only left me the choice standing while listening to MP3 to kill the 45 minutes of travelling time.

Reach Tanah Merah MRT by 7:55 and talk to all my 'dark' people outside the station till 8:10 before catching my compnay coach bus to Changi New Water Plant. The whole morning hasn't anything to expect, except waiting for lunch and random net surfing and ebaying. Of course I have to once in the while, walk pass my SO to ensure him that I had some job in hand. That will put him in comfy mind and stop assigning me random shit job. Shit job here I mean filing, copying and typing.



Finally 12 - 1pm will be my official lunch time, but I always took around 2 hours to eat, shit and smoke. Now the real ordeal came after lunch time actually. As food left inside your stomach needs blood supply to organ for digestion, our brain often lack oxygen which otherwise is conveyed by blood. So with the lack of oxygen, the famous after lunch syndrome is called "sleepy head". No matter how hard I shake my head or pinch my face, I cannot regain my full consciousness. So normally I will take a walk down to site for a afternoon walk and that is when the sun is scourgingly hot. Took some picture and chit chat with some technicians and return back to office at around 4 plus. Then go back my table, disturb Hari or eat some biscuit and then pack up at 5:30 sharp.

That's how boring my job is. But if there is one thing that changes for the better, that would be my prejudice on Indian food. I used to think how pathetic and gross the Indian food can be. The things that they eat and the way they eat almost like watching cannibalism on discovery channel. However I was told that, this particular way of eating with your hand and ripping the meat apart makes your food tastes better. So I decided to try..


Every morning, Ferradno will bring Iddly to work. It looks really nice, so went down to Mustarfa with Liping to critic the food.

Namely, Bhatura, Veggi set meal and IDDLY!!! I finally got to try iddly. Its so hard to find in open market. You have to go Indian cuisin resturant to get them.

Bhatura $3:80

Veggi set meal $6

I would like you to pay particular attention here. I am very amused by the way they present the food for this veggi set meal, because end of the end everything had to go into the center why bother to partition at the first time. Haha.. And before I forget, there's 2 bowl on top, the white one is called "oath milk", I don't know if I got it correct because that's the best I can make out from Hari's words. Oath milk is extremely tasty and sweet. Normally Hari mix them into the rice. He told me that Oath milk is like wine, you fermentate it to yoghet. You all should try very nice.

Iddly with Vadai $2.80

Since, the food taste better if we use our hand, so we used our hands! Its hard to eat at first, rice all over the shop but after you really learnt to eat with your hand, you will realize that hands are not only use for playing balls. But nevertheless, I was gifted with god's of hand, my finger works magic if you know what I mean. I had no difficulties in handling food with hand because I am so gifted. Haha. Hari told me that he even can drink soap with hands!!

That's quite clean, considerating our first attempt. We really enjoyed the experience. You normally don't get to use your hand to eat siol, except in a authenic Indian resturant.

Rules of thumb, your plam shouldn't have any contact with the food.

Lesson learnt, people should not be stigmatized just because of their social differences. Try to appreciate different culture. My value added!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changi NEWater plant opened

SINGAPORE : Singapore’s largest and most advanced water reclamation plant — the Changi Water Reclamation Plant — will open next week. The pumping station at the new Changi Water Reclamation Plant is as high as a 25—storey building. The station collects all used water from the deep sewerage tunnels via gravity. The water then undergoes a treatment process at the plant before being discharged into the sea. Part of that treated water will be processed into NEWater when the NEWater plant, which is being built on the rooftop of treatment facilities, is ready. The NEWater factory which will be operational by May next year can produce 50 million gallons of treated water daily. This is equivalent to the volume of water in 90 Olympic—sized swimming pools. PUB said the Changi Water Reclamation plant stands out in its land use. "The designers have incorporated a space saving design concept — things like stack treatment tanks and also stack treatment facilities like our sludge treatment facil

M1, Starhub, Singtel GPRS 3G setting

The internet config settings seem to be all over the place, so here's a compilation of the 3G/GPRS/SMS/MMS Configuration Settings. If you have a device and telco combination that's not in the list below, and managed to setup your 3G/GPRS, please feel free to add on to the thread with your settings, using format similar as those below. SingTel GPRS: Pocket PC Phone/Smartphone APN: internet User ID: 65IDEAS Password: ideas MMS Server URL: mms.e-ideas.com.sg:10021/mmsc Link: http://www.trendsmob...102&ParentID=97 SingTel GPRS (hi Card): Pocket PC Phone/Smartphone APN: internet User ID: 65xxxxxxxx (phone number, e.g. 6591234567) Password: 65ideas SingTel GPRS: Pocket PC with Sony Ericsson Phone via IR/BT Dial Number: *99***A# (where A is the CID aka External ID) User name: 65xxxxxxxx (phone number, e.g. 6591234567) Password: Extra modem command: Proxy server: Link: http://www.ppcsg.com...showtopic=30479 SingTel 3G: Pocket PC with Sony Ericsson 3G Phone via IR/BT Remark: You can

Is finnciti a scam? a layman perspective

Recently, thru a friend introduced me a platform finnciti (previously known as smicap) where you can multiple your investment in folds. The return as per quoted is up to 100% just by holding your investment on hand. I was skeptical and interested at the same time so I went online to do a little research on my own. It is not difficult to return result by just searching: "Is finnciti a scam" or "Is smicap a scam". Reviews were in mixed bag. Some mention that they earned big bucks and its a platform for normal people to get richer while some other point out some resemblance of a scam structure and therefore classified finnciti as a scam platform. I am a layman using basic logic to analyst the concept and by no mean I am advising to invest or against it. But in my humble opinion, ALL INVESTMENT POSSESSES RISK AND PLEASE BE PRUDENT WHEN DOING ANY KINDS INVESTMENT AND ONLY INVEST IN YOUR MONEY THAT YOU CAN BEAR LOSING . SMICAP was established in 2007 by Singapor