Skip to main content

IAC topic on family lineage

Today we will told to do a online discussion. I feel like carry on to the story so i paste it in here. those who are interested and read about it..

Q1. Watch the segments on Family Types, Matrilineal Lineage and Family Lineage. What is your family type? What is your family lineage?

I belong to nuclear family and I am from patrilineal lineage.

Q2. Based on the segment on Family Genogram, give a brief description of your family history (tracing from your grandparents, to you).

My father which is 3rd son of my grandfather. I have a total of 8 uncles and aunties. One uncle and one aunty is elder than my father, and because I am the first male grandchildren, I was given a lot of care and attention.

My grandfather came from China and meet my grandmother in Malaysia. They got married to each other somehow. All my uncles and aunties was borned in Malaysia. After which they were all sent to SIngapore to study by my grandfather. Only my father and elder aunty stay at Malaysia because they are too naughty and repelling. So all my other uncles and aunties came to Singapore to study English school, and my father was studying Chinese school in Malaysia. (as my father is chinese educated he find it hard to earn a lot due to the inability to speak English)

My father came over to Singapore himself when he was 24 and worked as a car technician. He meets my mother who was then a sale promotor. They got marry very soon and the I was born. (my father is very street-smart and my mother is very hard working, that why i can live a comfortable live now)


Q3. Are you for OR against Cohabilitation? What are the reasons behind your stand? Elaborate your answer.

I am not againist cohabitation. Seriously, I felt that couple needs to spend time together and know each other living habit. Some people can quarrel over parnter's living habit and then divore because of that. I feel that its perfectly fine if both parties agree to it and they need to have mutual respect. Marriage to me only is a piece of paper to protect both party. If two person really love each other, they can just stay together without the need to get married.

Q4. In your opinion, what are some of the family issues confronting Singapore families today? Elaborate your answer.

Divorce rate in Singapore is increasing. The marriage cert become more and more useless. So what if they get married? They can just divorce as and when they like. Just go through a 3 year seperation and that's it. Another reason is that Singaporean is getting more and more open minded. Young couple experience their first sex experience average at 19 years old. So there will be a higher tredency that this immature youth will get married because of shotgun cases. Later they will find that they are too young to commit to each other and divorce in the later stage.

This will oso arise to more and more single parent cases. So when these single father or mother can to remarry again, the children will have a step-parent. As there are survey saying that step-parent often neglect the other party children when they start a new family with the divorcee.


Continue on my story...

I feel that my father is very smart as even thought he is from chinese school. He is the first to get to own a company and own a car before all my uncle and aunty.

my mother work so hard for us. she start working when she was 19. all the way till now. she is having a low pay like $900 every month and she worked 24/7. she never break even if it is holiday. after my popo passed away, she has to take care her elder sister who is a bit mentally ill. my mother need to support her and me as well. she everyday only eat bread and she is very thrifty but generous toward my needs.. she is really someone some great loh..

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changi NEWater plant opened

SINGAPORE : Singapore’s largest and most advanced water reclamation plant — the Changi Water Reclamation Plant — will open next week. The pumping station at the new Changi Water Reclamation Plant is as high as a 25—storey building. The station collects all used water from the deep sewerage tunnels via gravity. The water then undergoes a treatment process at the plant before being discharged into the sea. Part of that treated water will be processed into NEWater when the NEWater plant, which is being built on the rooftop of treatment facilities, is ready. The NEWater factory which will be operational by May next year can produce 50 million gallons of treated water daily. This is equivalent to the volume of water in 90 Olympic—sized swimming pools. PUB said the Changi Water Reclamation plant stands out in its land use. "The designers have incorporated a space saving design concept — things like stack treatment tanks and also stack treatment facilities like our sludge treatment facil

M1, Starhub, Singtel GPRS 3G setting

The internet config settings seem to be all over the place, so here's a compilation of the 3G/GPRS/SMS/MMS Configuration Settings. If you have a device and telco combination that's not in the list below, and managed to setup your 3G/GPRS, please feel free to add on to the thread with your settings, using format similar as those below. SingTel GPRS: Pocket PC Phone/Smartphone APN: internet User ID: 65IDEAS Password: ideas MMS Server URL: mms.e-ideas.com.sg:10021/mmsc Link: http://www.trendsmob...102&ParentID=97 SingTel GPRS (hi Card): Pocket PC Phone/Smartphone APN: internet User ID: 65xxxxxxxx (phone number, e.g. 6591234567) Password: 65ideas SingTel GPRS: Pocket PC with Sony Ericsson Phone via IR/BT Dial Number: *99***A# (where A is the CID aka External ID) User name: 65xxxxxxxx (phone number, e.g. 6591234567) Password: Extra modem command: Proxy server: Link: http://www.ppcsg.com...showtopic=30479 SingTel 3G: Pocket PC with Sony Ericsson 3G Phone via IR/BT Remark: You can

Is finnciti a scam? a layman perspective

Recently, thru a friend introduced me a platform finnciti (previously known as smicap) where you can multiple your investment in folds. The return as per quoted is up to 100% just by holding your investment on hand. I was skeptical and interested at the same time so I went online to do a little research on my own. It is not difficult to return result by just searching: "Is finnciti a scam" or "Is smicap a scam". Reviews were in mixed bag. Some mention that they earned big bucks and its a platform for normal people to get richer while some other point out some resemblance of a scam structure and therefore classified finnciti as a scam platform. I am a layman using basic logic to analyst the concept and by no mean I am advising to invest or against it. But in my humble opinion, ALL INVESTMENT POSSESSES RISK AND PLEASE BE PRUDENT WHEN DOING ANY KINDS INVESTMENT AND ONLY INVEST IN YOUR MONEY THAT YOU CAN BEAR LOSING . SMICAP was established in 2007 by Singapor