Skip to main content

Jim Carrey is crazy literally, or is he?

One of my friend Alan had point my attention to a recent article about Jim Carrey sanity and I would like to discuss a little more and provide my own insight into this episode. Jim is one of my idols and he is famous for his role in ACE ventura and The Mask. He is of course known to be a comedian later turn into a inspirational figure to many as he is also a two time winner of oscar.

The purpose of my articles is the Jim Carrey shares a lot of common attritubes as me, of course excluding the measurement of success and influent. I am definitely not remotely suggest I am like Jim carrey. I would like to use his story as a reminder to take away for myself.






Actually, this is the first time I ever written article as if a biographical writing. But hopefully the end message is worth your time reading.

Why am I writing about Jim Carrey

I love spending my time watching movie. In fact, I had spent too much time on movie that I can consider myself top 20% percentile of the population spend time on movie. (There because my life have no purpose till 2017).


I had watched 99% of Jim Carrey movie. Name anyone I can almost tell you I had watched them. Less just a couple of title I just can’t bring myself to watch. In case you think I am drawn to his comedian side of his movie, actually I am more drawn to his casting on science fictional titles. Other than his common known comedy, I rather want to discuss specific to these titles:


The Truman Show (1998)

Man on the Moon (1999)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004)

The Number 23 (2007)

Yes Man (2008)


What about these titles?


Most of his comedy titles are great, I don’t even have to mention. But these titles had great takes away for me, not just entertainment value, but more invoking thoughts with regards to its open-ended-ness.


Jim carrey from what I used to watch him is the out of control guy, his comedian nature was larger than life and a lot of people had difficulties accepting his act to be main stream. Film like Cable Guy, The Mask and Liar Liar was period where is act is consider too be excessively funny.


In subsequent films like Truman Show, Man on the moon and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, those film became darker content.


He describe that his dad could very well be a very successful comedian but he didn’t believe he can. Instead he had chosen a more conservative path of working as a accountant which subsequently got led off from the presumably safe job. Landing their family into difficult situation.


Jim carrey quoted a very brilliant words during the Maharishi University speech. I quote

You can fail at doing things that you don’t want, so you might as well take a chance on doing what you love. – Jim Carrey


I am in the same state with Jim Carrey and I believe we had found it. It is the finding it makes us understand finally we don’t need what we are finding. We are mocking at life about how stupid we used to be. All these time wasting so much time seeking for the thing that we don’t want. As we watch the world going after the “thing” that each one of us is looking for, we mocked at life, ourselves and the rest of the world. There is no “the thing that we are looking for” to begin with. Now to us, it just doesn’t matter anymore.


We suddenly lost purpose in life and then. There and then we found back the purpose of life. We finally know what life is supposed to mean and why are we here and where are we heading to. That moment I found it, I named it a paradigm shift, but I don’t know what Jim Carrey had named it.


I only know. Now we both don’t care.


He suggested that there is no “me” it just identity and we will suddenly be given a name, a religion, a language there is nothing except “ideas” and “choices” in every day. He said the North American and a South African had no difference but only ideas and weather and acclimatisation of weather.


Which is the same as I had suggested and stood strongly behind. Equality in humanilty. No one is different, everyone is the same.


Comedian had one thing in common, they are all very kind and very breakable.

“It is not death most people are afraid of. It is getting to the end of life only to realize that you never truly lived”. – Prince Ea


Prince EA is one of the very few who see what I am seeing. I had to learn from him how could he fuse his passion, vision and belief so beautifully into one piece and convey it with devotion and assertion. There is no way I am competing with him. The only way to overtake him is to collaborate and not compete. Hopefully, he get to read this one day in not so long future and understand that we can be a team since our goal is the same making the world a better place.

Just a small little secret, I am also thinking to collaborate with Tim Ferriss, Jack Ma, Gary Vaynerchuk.

I am crazy literally, or am I?


Evan Carmichael is a time saver

Meanwhile, while I hustle away to provide a solution to the real issue, I need all this to be integrated well with my lifestyle; being lazy but motivated at the same time. I recommend Evan Carmichael that put together many iconic influential Top 10 rules in video format which will greatly reduce my time to watch them individually.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Changi NEWater plant opened

SINGAPORE : Singapore’s largest and most advanced water reclamation plant — the Changi Water Reclamation Plant — will open next week. The pumping station at the new Changi Water Reclamation Plant is as high as a 25—storey building. The station collects all used water from the deep sewerage tunnels via gravity. The water then undergoes a treatment process at the plant before being discharged into the sea. Part of that treated water will be processed into NEWater when the NEWater plant, which is being built on the rooftop of treatment facilities, is ready. The NEWater factory which will be operational by May next year can produce 50 million gallons of treated water daily. This is equivalent to the volume of water in 90 Olympic—sized swimming pools. PUB said the Changi Water Reclamation plant stands out in its land use. "The designers have incorporated a space saving design concept — things like stack treatment tanks and also stack treatment facilities like our sludge treatment facil

M1, Starhub, Singtel GPRS 3G setting

The internet config settings seem to be all over the place, so here's a compilation of the 3G/GPRS/SMS/MMS Configuration Settings. If you have a device and telco combination that's not in the list below, and managed to setup your 3G/GPRS, please feel free to add on to the thread with your settings, using format similar as those below. SingTel GPRS: Pocket PC Phone/Smartphone APN: internet User ID: 65IDEAS Password: ideas MMS Server URL: mms.e-ideas.com.sg:10021/mmsc Link: http://www.trendsmob...102&ParentID=97 SingTel GPRS (hi Card): Pocket PC Phone/Smartphone APN: internet User ID: 65xxxxxxxx (phone number, e.g. 6591234567) Password: 65ideas SingTel GPRS: Pocket PC with Sony Ericsson Phone via IR/BT Dial Number: *99***A# (where A is the CID aka External ID) User name: 65xxxxxxxx (phone number, e.g. 6591234567) Password: Extra modem command: Proxy server: Link: http://www.ppcsg.com...showtopic=30479 SingTel 3G: Pocket PC with Sony Ericsson 3G Phone via IR/BT Remark: You can

Is finnciti a scam? a layman perspective

Recently, thru a friend introduced me a platform finnciti (previously known as smicap) where you can multiple your investment in folds. The return as per quoted is up to 100% just by holding your investment on hand. I was skeptical and interested at the same time so I went online to do a little research on my own. It is not difficult to return result by just searching: "Is finnciti a scam" or "Is smicap a scam". Reviews were in mixed bag. Some mention that they earned big bucks and its a platform for normal people to get richer while some other point out some resemblance of a scam structure and therefore classified finnciti as a scam platform. I am a layman using basic logic to analyst the concept and by no mean I am advising to invest or against it. But in my humble opinion, ALL INVESTMENT POSSESSES RISK AND PLEASE BE PRUDENT WHEN DOING ANY KINDS INVESTMENT AND ONLY INVEST IN YOUR MONEY THAT YOU CAN BEAR LOSING . SMICAP was established in 2007 by Singapor